Kamloops Psychotherapy Crisis Intervention
Everyone has times in their lives when they need some help to get through confusing or painful situations. You could be experiencing shifts in your couple relationship, or parenting, or your job. You could be feeling abandoned or rejected or trapped. Sometimes even when you anticipate situations developing in certain ways, it all changes. When you go through a lot of change you could be feeling fear, uncertainty or anger.
Counselling therapy helps you to get past confusion, crisis and heartbreak
You don’t have to be alone in your struggles. My counselling support gives you space to process and integrate your emotions, thoughts and behaviours. You can regain confidence in yourself and your abilities. I provide safety and insights so you get your life and relationships back on track.
In counselling, we can start with steps, or chunks of your experience; we look at your strengths and your needs. What do you need in your life? What do you want to experience? When I listen to you, I validate and acknowledge your humanity. In healing, you gain wisdom and compassion for yourself and others. With clarity you can make new choices, new beginnings. Reclaim what fits for you.
I have extensive experience working with families and individuals as a licensed, registered therapeutic counsellor, in Kamloops.
My Experience Also Encompasses:
- Expressive Play Therapy
- Early Childhood Development
- Life Skills coaching
- All delegation training levels in Alberta, and then in BC, with Caring for First Nations
My experience includes: over 5 years of experience working with families as a social worker/ case manager; a few years as an elementary school teacher, and working in daycare. Have worked in non–profit programs and at a Band Community Health Services Mental Health program. “Energy Medicine” refers to Mindfulness strategies, dream work, and Body/Mind/Spirit/Emotional balance and integration.
Other training includes response based practice, which empowers you with a dignity based framework. Trauma informed practice indicates how to create safety from traumatic wounding. Energy medicine practices and mindfulness allows you to explore the various levels of conscious awareness.
- Masters of Science Counseling Psychology
- MSc Counseling
- Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists
- #2040. ACCT is part of the Task force of BC, currently developing the BC College of Therapeutic counsellors- to be registered under the health authority in BC.
- Certified Addictions Counsellor Specialist Level 3
- Indigenous Certification Board of Canada #0277
- Brief Systemic Family Therapy
- Diploma from Kamloops Family Therapy Center (PCTIA Institution)
- Supervisor for Competency- Based Effective Supervision Practices
Corinne Mackenzie, MSc. Counselling Psychology, RTC, CAC3